When my daughter’s birthday was approaching, she asked me to make goodie bags to give to her closest friends. I prepared some goodie bags and also candy dispensers using used plastic water bottles. We use the small water bottles in our car anyway, so I’ve got plenty of the empty ones. For the decoration, again I profited from my stash of used things, this time envelopes from the bills we received. The patterns behind some envelopes are wonderful to match up with my other decorations. Here’s how I made these cute and pretty candy dispensers.
- used plastic water bottles (small)
- used envelopes
- washi tape
- ink stamp
- decorative-edged scissors
- scrap papers
- candies ( you can also fill the bottles with beads or flower seeds).
HOW TO MAKE:
- Wash the bottles with dish soap and let them dry.
- Cut the envelope with decorative-edged scissors. The width is about 2 inches.
- Adhere the cut-up envelope unto the bottle, then wrap the middle part with the washi tape.
- Stamp the sentiment and the image on scrap papers. Adhere the stamped image unto the bottle.
- Wrap a ribbon unto the neck of the bottle and adhere the other stamped image, making it looks like a necklace.
- Fill the bottles with candies.