When my daughter’s birthday was approaching, I wanted to decorate her room with something that says “HAPPY BIRTHDAY”. Although we didn’t celebrate it with a party, I wanted to create some banners for her. My idea was to re-purpose some toilet tissue rolls that I’ve been saving. The materials that I used were easy to find and simple and I was so happy with the result. The banner looks so pretty!
MATERIALS YOU NEED:
- A couple of used toilet tissue rolls (the amount depends on how many alphabets would be on the banner)
- Some paper doilies, preferably in 2 different motifs
- Alphabet cut-outs or stickers (or hand-drawn)
- String, ribbon or yarn ( I used jute string).
HOW TO MAKE:
- Flatten all the tissue rolls.
- Adhere the paper doilies on each of the tissue rolls. Place them in pattern or differently to accentuate.
- Arrange the decorated tissue rolls in pattern, then adhere the alphabets with the intended spelling (mine is HAPPY BDAY).
- Insert the string into the roll with the last alphabet in the line-up, first, then take out the string, make a loop and insert the string back. Repeat this action for the rests of the rolls.
- Arrange the banner on the wall to decorate your celebration.